Jordan Belfort, the real ‘Wolf of Wall Street’, is a former stockbroker that was convicted of multiple fraud crimes involving penny stock scams and stock market manipulation.
His company, Stratton Oakmont, was turning over millions of dollars using a ‘pump and dump’ scheme. Anyway, I’m sure you’ve all seen the film.
Even though what Belfort did was illegal, he is an incredibly smart individual and his story shows this, in a slightly unusual way.
Here are 13 great Jordan Belfort Quotes to inspire you:
1. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort
2. “Without action, the best intentions in the world are nothing more than that: intentions.” – Jordan Belfort
3. “Winners use words that say ‘must’ and ‘will’.” – Jordan Belfort
4. “When you live your life by poor standards, you inflict damage on everyone who crosses your path, especially those you love.” – Jordan Belfort
5. “You don’t choose who you fall in love with, do you? And once you do fall in love—that obsessive sort of love, that all-consuming love, where two people can’t stand to be apart from each other for even a moment—how are you supposed to let a love like that pass you by?” – Jordan Belfort
6. “Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny , they’re not creatures of circumstance, they create circumstance, if the circumstances around them suck they change them.” – Jordan Belfort
7. “If you want to be rich, never give up. People tend to give up. If you have persistence, you will come out ahead of most people. More importantly, you will learn. When you do something, you might fail. But that’s not because you’re a failure. It’s because you have not learnt enough. Do it differently each time. One day, you will do it right. Failure is your friend.” – Jordan Belfort
8th of 13 Jordan Belfort Quotes
“I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. Let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.” – Jordan Belfort
9. “Act as if! Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and then you’ll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you. Act as if you have unmatched experience and then people will follow your advice. And act as if you are already a tremendous success, and as sure as I stand here today – you will become successful.” – Jordan Belfort