1. You want a little freedom from all your daily responsibilities.
2. You’ve been with your partner for a while and things are getting a little routine.
3. You kinda like being held down and tickled.
5. You don’t want to over-think things in the sack, you just want to get caught up in the moment.
6. You enjoyed acting in high school and want an excuse to be more theatrical.
7. You’re sick of having to make decisions.
8. You’re shy and you have a hard time taking initiative in bed.
9. You’re not shy, you always take the initiative, and you’re ready for a change.
10. You think you could do a hell of lot better job than Anastasia Steele.
You don’t have to adopt a new permanent “lifestyle” just because you’re a little curious about BDSM. You can simply choose to spend an evening being submissive and let your trusted partner call all the shots for a change. By being (temporarily) submissive in the bedroom, you don’t have to do anything…except what you’re told. Which is not to say that you’re passive; you are receptive, responsive, appreciative, grateful. And no, there’s no correlation between social, economic, or mental status and your power preference. Being dominated isn’t demeaning; it’s fun! So set some ground rules, set a time limit, come up with a safeword that means “time out,” and then take it and like it.
For more BDSM tips, check out our latest book “150 Shades of Play“.
This post has been updated.